This statement, by an IAAF official to a to an attorney representing the IAAF refers to an athlete - Alex Schwazer, AS -- who WADA and IAAF are collaborating together to convict of a doping offense. The "them" that is being referred to here is the WADA laboratory in Cologne. The "plot against AS"? Well, that is a curious phrasing.
This statement can be found in a tranche of emails involving the Schwazer case released by Fancy Bears earlier this week.
Even before the leaked emails, the Schwazer case has been much discussed as problematic in many respects. Here I'll list some resources for this case as a starting point for discussion. The case is complex, involves many personalities, agendas and accusations. It also has a history going back many years, centering on Schwazer's coach, Sandro Donati.
I don't understand all the ins and outs, but I'd sure like to.
- Leaked documents (emails) from Fancy Bears
- German news article on Fancy Bears leak (Google Translate)
- Italian news article on Fancy Bears leak (Google Translate)
- Sports Integrity Initiative on Fancy Bears leak
- Sport Integrity Initiative discussion of La Reppublica documentary (shown here with English subtitles), created in 2016.
- 2017 CAS judgement against Schwazer (here in PDF)
- Sandro Donati whistle blowing allegations from 2000 (via PTG)
What else should I list here?